Sunday, April 24, 2022

An Amazing Statistic

John Hinderaker of Power Line lives in Minnesota, but is a native of adjacent South Dakota - of SD’s low tax policies he writes approvingly today. Then he adds an amazing statistic.

When I heard Ron DeSantis talk to a group in Naples in February, he said that Florida’s state budget is half that of New York, despite having three million more people. I thought, that can’t possibly be right. But I looked it up; it is. In the 21st century, too much government is the great destroyer of social and economic progress.

Get woke, (spend too much and) go broke. NY’s former governor Cuomo resigned in disgrace, FL’s DeSantis is being talked about as a presidential candidate. 

Which of them would you rather be? I’ll totally understand if your answer (like mine) is “DeSantis if I must choose, but by preference I’d be neither.”