Thursday, March 30, 2023

Musings

Tomorrow is the last day of March, which means this time tomorrow 2023 will be one quarter “used up.” When old people tell you time moves faster as you age, believe them. The weeks seem to me to zip past.

I let the equinox slide by ten days ago without comment. The days are longer now, I grilled a steak for supper a couple of evenings ago without turning on the patio lights. Some flowering trees are blooming and we are well and truly into spring. We’ve had shirt-sleeve days alternating with jacket days, lots of breeze, and left-over rain from the CA storms.

Next week we leave for Europe, our first trip since Covid shut everything down. It will be a river cruise, Amsterdam to Budapest on the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers. We’ll be gone just over two weeks. 

Salt Lake area friends who hadn’t done this trip asked us to join them and we said “sure, it is a fun itinerary.” I will travel blog, something I haven’t done for several years.