Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The Virtual D Convention

As an amateur pundit, I don’t get paid for what I do here. Thus it’s dang sure I don’t get paid enough to force myself to watch a Democrat convention. 

Those poor sods who have to watch to earn their living report the Democrats haven’t said what disastrous plans they intend to foist upon us should they win in November (or whenever the election is finally decided, or adjudicated). They report mostly Trump-bashing.

I understand Dems don’t like the Donald, sometimes I wonder about him myself. That isn’t enough of an excuse to vote against him, they need to be for things too. I’ve been for what Trump has done programmatically most of the time, except when he acted to free convicted drug and violent felons. His Twitter wars I could do without, but they may help him get his message out past a hostile media.

To the extent the D platform represents their intended program, it is a bunch of expensive leftist and virtue-signaling claptrap which will do me no good but will cost me plenty. Perhaps they understand it doesn’t have majority support and so they don’t talk about it, a sensible tactical move.