Thursday, June 23, 2022

Coincidence

A couple of days ago I mentioned my first car. In a delightful coincidence, driving home from Jackson yesterday we saw a similar vehicle - a 1950-52 Chevy two door hardtop on a truck, looking tired, but not junked. I hope it was headed somewhere to be lovingly rebuilt and cherished as someone's toy.

You might ask why I'm not restoring one of these? We had a restored old car, an Olds A-body 2-door that had originally belonged to the other DrC's mom. It took up garage space but we didn't use it much or drive it so we gave it to a nephew. 

We like to look at old cars, but we aren't "old car" people, if you can parse that distinction. Going to car shows and chatting up other owners isn't our thing. We like the vehicles we drive to be "appliances," unobtrusive and reliable to a fault. I don't want to tinker with them.

On the web I found this photo of a car like mine, in the same colors.