Thursday, June 23, 2022

Local Political News

Gateway Pundit reports Wyoming's one and only House member - Liz Cheney (Rino-WY) - is sending flyers to Wyoming Democrats asking them to change party affiliation so they can vote for her in the Republican primary. I guess the theory is that they might as well do it since whoever their party nominates is going nowhere in this very Republican state.

I don't actually know any WY Dems so I can't call one up and ask them if it's true. GP quotes the wording of the flyer as follows:

HOW DO I CHANGE MY PARTY AFFILIATION TO REGISTER AS A REPUBLICAN SO I CAN VOTE FOR LIZ? 
To change your party affiliation or to declare a new affiliation, complete the Wyoming Voter Registration Application & Change Form and submit it to your county clerk’s office not later than 14 days before the primary election. You may also change your party affiliation at your polling place on the day of the primary or general election, or when requesting an absentee ballot.

I suppose a few Ds will do so, probably most will not. With the exception of her opposition to Trump, her votes in the House have been mostly conservative. 

I've seen little anti-Trump agitation or sentiment locally. I figure Cheney is toast in WY politics, and knows it. Probably a fat K Street lobbying job awaits her; she won't miss the flights back to WY from her actual northern VA home.