Sunday, August 24, 2014

Par for the Course

Yo, buds. Maureen Dowd of The New York Times has a snark-filled column about Obama's golf obsession. Written as a spoof of Lincoln's Gettysburg address, it contains some choice moments and more than a few sour giggles. MoDo begins:
Fore! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.
Dowd continues:
But, in a larger sense, we can dedicate, we can consecrate, we can hallow this ground where I can get away from my wife, my mother-in-law, Uncle Joe, Congress and all the other hazards in my life.

The world will little note, nor long remember, what we shot here, or why I haven’t invited a bunch of tiresome congressmen to tee it up. I’m trying to relax, guys. So I’d much rather stay in the bunker with my usual bros.
Those are just samples, the column has lots more fun stuff. Enjoy.