Monday, July 19, 2021

Plane as Petri dish



Last Tuesday I wrote the only things I was still cautious about concerning Covid-19 were “flying and cruising.” You’ll recollect I said I’d experienced both as sources of contagion before the pandemic began. I guess I’d add riding in a car with strangers to that list, except I rarely do that.

Color me not surprised that several members of the group of 50+ Texas Democrat state legislators who fled to Washington on chartered planes (see above) have subsequently tested positive for Covid. The count stands at 5 as I write this. 

Planes resemble flying Petri dishes, passengers end up rebreathing air other passengers have exhaled. There isn’t any way to avoid it unfortunately, and the photo suggests they weren’t trying very hard.

Later ... the Covid count is now up to 6.