Monday, March 28, 2022

A New Experience

The DrsC had an appointment in Utah and drove over there this morning, noting that the wind was beginning to stir some dust. We had lunch, saw the medical folks, did some shopping, and headed home.

The drive home to NV brought us into our first Mojave desert dust storm. I estimate the visibility dropped to around 500 yards, certainly no blackout but kinda sorta bad nonetheless. 

I found myself thinking of scenes from the 1999 film The Mummy, starring Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz and the uber-villainous Arnold Vosloo. Their sandstorms were more picturesque, this was mostly dirty wind. 

However, when I was putting the truck away I found tablespoons of wind-deposited sand on my garage floor, blown in around the closed door. These mini-dunes were plenty picturesque enough to be getting on with.