Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Baier Beards a DINO

Fox News’ Bret Baier interviewed Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) who said he would not vote for Supreme Court packing or to kill the filibuster. I guess this makes Manchin a Democrat in name only, or DINO. 

Scott Johnson of Power Line reports:

Baier asked, “And you wouldn’t become a Republican?” Manchin responded, “I’m a proud moderate conservative Democrat. Maybe there’s not many of us left.” Indeed, I think that makes him a party of one in the Senate. Unlike his Democratic colleagues, including Schumer, “I’m not for all the crazy stuff.”

Manchin represents a Red state, and apparently hopes to keep his job. Reminds me of RINO Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) hanging on in a Blue state. Hat tip to Dr. Seuss for the title, an obvious homage to his Horton Hears a Who.