Saturday, July 13, 2024

Assassination Attempted

I had just finished an early dinner at our favorite burger place* in Jackson, and was waiting in the shade alongside our truck parked in the sun. Waiting, that is, for the other DrC to finish shopping and join me.

To kill time, I looked at the news feed on my phone and learned that someone had taken shots at former President Trump at a campaign rally in PA. Then I saw that he was wounded and it appeared to be a minor wound. 

I wish I could say I was surprised. Democrats have aimed so much hateful slander at Trump that when some guy shot him it wasn't surprising. Matt Margolis at PJ Media reports as follows.

On Monday, during an appearance on “Morning Joe,” President Biden used violent rhetoric about Donald Trump. “It’s time to put Trump in the bullseye,” Biden said.

Breitbart reports this Reid Hoffman said this of Trump at the Sun Valley "billionaire's summer camp."

Yeah, I wish I had made him an actual martyr.

Now someone has tried to do just that. Charismatic figures - I'm thinking Reagan, the two Kennedys, Dr. King, as well as Trump - attract this sort of unwanted attention. Presumably we all wish they didn't.

The shooter is dead, shot by the Secret Service, and we know nothing about him yet except that, from a rooftop 200 yards away, he was a fair shot. Two inches to the right and we'd be talking about the late Donald Trump. I presume the head shot was intentional as DJT might have worn an armored vest.

The Secret Service needs to have drones overflying such events looking down for rooftop snipers, and a much wider security perimeter.

Later ... There is a unconfirmed rumor the shooter was a member of Antifa. And, Lucianne.com is replete with examples of people who've publicly wished Trump dead by violent means.

*Liberty Burger on Cache St. Try their Chilerno burger, skip the onion rings which look better than they taste.