Saturday, June 6, 2020

Counterintuitive Polling

John Hinderaker at Power Line cites data from a Rasmussen Reports poll of likely voters asking for their level of approval for the job performance of President Trump. Forty-eight percent of all likely voters approve.

41% of black likely voters approve which includes twenty-five percent of black voters who strongly approve; the poll was taken yesterday.

Are you astounded? I confess I am. Nothing in the media, including Fox News, would lead me to guess those findings. I mean, it is somewhat logical based on economics and his work on reducing incarceration, but it sure doesn't fit the current press narrative.

We are asked to believe anger at police doesn't translate into anger at POTUS when he has been crystal clear about his pro-police views. And yet Rasmussen Reports is no fly-by-night outfit, Power Line reproduces their Tweet with the findings. I'm going to need confirmatory polling from another source before I consider this finding credible.