Thursday, June 25, 2020

Church Goers Favor Trump

Two profs from the same sort of second tier university I worked for surveyed white Protestant church-goers and found many of them view Donald Trump as “anointed by God.” The Daily Wire has the story based on a finding posted at Religion in Public.
In 2019, among white Protestants who attended church weekly or more often, 29.6 percent believed Trump was anointed by God to be president. But by March 2020, that figure had climbed to 49 percent. It was up across the board, though none so dramatically as among the regular attenders.
Oddly enough, “other” regular church-goers views were almost the same as the white Protestants - a finding I did not expect. From which I conclude regular church attendance is more critical than race or particular sect in holding this view.

Trump was asked about this finding and replied, modestly for him:
“I almost don’t even want to think about it,” Trump said in an interview on Monday, Fox News reported. “Because you know what, all I’m gonna do is, I hope it’s true. All I’m going to do is, I’m going to do my best.”
Hat tip to Lucinanne.com for the link.