Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Happiness Lurks in the Headlines

I was just looking over RealClearPolitics' afternoon list of "things to read." It reminded me of one of my favorite parts of the Trump presidency.

What is that part, you might reasonably ask? It's the fact that people I don't much like - Chuck Schumer,  Nancy Pelosi, Max Boot, Julia Ioffe, Rachel Maddow, and their pigsty mates - get to spend somewhere between 4 and 8 years being upset, angry and disgusted.

Psychologists, who give things German names, call my happiness at their sourness "schadenfreude." In this modern age, you have to take your happiness where you find it; their angst is a source of my satisfaction.

It's only fair, they enjoyed my discomfort with the Obama presidency. Now the proverbial worm has turned, the shoe is on the other foot. With a hat tip to the late Jackie Gleason, "How sweet it is."