Friday, July 27, 2018

Prediction: Trump Wins in 2020

A liberal Chicago Sun Times reporter - Neil Steinberg - reluctantly goes to watch President Trump meet with steel workers at a reopened plant. Read what he wrote (scroll down):
Before going, I felt squeamish at being in the crowd scene at a party for the man who kicked open the Pandora’s box of American fears. Almost afraid. But hearing him, I better understood his appeal. He has a vulnerable charm, at times a humanity. He pandered shamelessly to his audience.

“We need steel,” he said. “We need steel plants. And to see an old, big monster plant like this re-opening — that is an honor. I look at the faces of you people; I could be one of you. I like you guys. I could be one of you.”

That struck me as either sincere or an amazing facsimile. The workers, for their part, couldn’t give him a standing ovation because they never sat down.

I left the hall thinking: Donald Trump is going to be re-elected in 2020. The Democrats don’t have anyone who can touch him. Bank on it. Don’t hate me for being the one to tell you.
As a campaigner, Trump is a natural. Audiences eat out of his hand. Hat tip to Ed Driscoll, guest blogging at Instapundit, for the link.