Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Christie Town Hall

Former NJ Gov. Chris Christie is in the race for the 2024 Republican nomination for president. People like to make fun of him as fat, because he is. What he isn't is dumb, what he doesn't lack is political talent. I watched him a week ago and wrote that he gave an impressive I-am-running speech with no notes and no teleprompter.

The conservative website Hot Air does an overview of Christie's town hall with CNN, and they were impressed. Karen Townsend who wrote the review concludes thus:
I found myself agreeing with Christie on most things. There wasn’t a time when I rolled my eyes and thought, “Oh, brother” about anything he said. I’m curious to see how far he gets in the primary and if he makes it to the debate stage.

I share her curiosity. If you choose, the column has a link where you can watch the town hall.