Sunday, August 4, 2019

More Unintended Consequences

Read what a student told Professor Miller, from an article at the American Thinker website.
I grew up in a rural community. There were no black people. They were not important to me. Then, as a resident advisor, I was told to go to a sensitivity session as part of my training. There I was told that my parents chose to live in such a community because they wanted to get away from black people. I said my ancestors came to the Ohio Valley after the Revolution, and my family has lived in the same community since the late 18th century. In response, I was told I was a racist. I wasn’t before, but I sure to hell am now.
It's ironic how often we accomplish the exact reverse of what we intend. I wouldn't be surprised if what happened to this student occurs with some frequency.