Friday, August 23, 2019

Travel Blogging a Day Trip

At her blog, the other DrC has a knockout photo of Mount Moran. She shot it yesterday, looking across Jackson Lake from just north of Colter Bay Village, within Grand Teton National Park.

Mount Moran is not as famous as the Teton group, but it's our favorite "big guy" in the Teton Range. This in much the same way that Colter Bay is our favorite locale within the park while others may prefer Jenny Lake or Signal Mountain.

The other DrC had a dental appointment early yesterday, so afterwards we spent midday up in the park reconnecting with a place we first visited together in 1973. There have been almost no years since when we haven't at least visited briefly. I first came here in 1949 with my parents, we tented at Jenny Lake.

The fabulous thing about National Parks is that they change little over the years. What I experienced in 1949 and again yesterday were largely similar, although I am a very different person than the lad I was then.

GTNP was wonderful then, it is wonderful now. About how many things in life can you make that claim? Darned few, I'd wager. Maybe the beach, if you're a beach person (we aren't).