Wednesday, September 23, 2020

A Balkanization

Writing at Zero Hedge, Brandon Smith of Montana muses about people leaving California and other deep blue, high tax states. My favorite bits from his column:

The lefties are too dumb to relocate. They're going to sit within the rotting corpses of the states they killed and pretend it smells like roses. This is what they do; when they are wrong or when they have failed they double and triple down. It's their defining characteristic.

In my view the BEST case scenario we can possibly hope for as conservatives is a balkanization of the US based on ideals and principles. According to the economic data and social upheaval I am seeing, I think there is little chance we can save the whole country in the short term. Instead, conservatives organizing together regionally is the best bet in stopping widespread unconstitutional changes to our laws and usurpation of our culture.

The mountain west is already semi-balkanized, except Californicated Colorado. CO is the destination for liberals fleeing CA, which I'm positive infuriates my cousins who have ranched there for 60 years. 

A fan of Hunger Games, I always imagined Panem's Capitol located in the shadow of Colorado's Front Range.